Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Race Cars, Ponies, Butterflies, OH MY!!




I just wanted to share some of the fun activities we have been up to lately. We are really excited that it is Springtime and almost Summer! The children just love playing outside in God's beautiful creation.

For Mother's Day weekend, we took the kids to a race car park. I thought Levi would be scared of the fast cars, but he wasn't at all. He had an absolute blast riding next to his Daddy. I told Rich not to go too fast with Levi, but he said that Levi wanted to go faster and faster. He didn't even look scared. He is beginning to trust us and allow himself to have some fun. It was great to see him so happy. The kids asked to ride over and over again. Then, we all rode in bumper boats. Ruthie and I were in one boat and the boys in the other. We bumped into and squirted each other with water. We were all soaked, but we were laughing and having so much fun! It was a great Mother's Day seeing my children so happy and bonded as a family. After our racing adventure, Rich and the children took me out to eat on Saturday evening. What a nice relaxing time it was to spend with my best friend and my three sweet children.

Ruthie was invited to a pony birthday party for her two little friends, Olivia and Isabella. They both were adopted from China. In fact, Isabella has a brachial plexus injury just like Levi. We just love their family. They are so sweet and supportive! God has blessed us with wonderful friends. Ruthie had so much fun riding the ponies. In fact, one pony got scared and almost threw Ruthie. I was a little concerned, but Ruthie thought it was great. She thought she was a cowgirl riding a bronco! ha! She just smiled the entire time. She's our adventurous little girl!! :)

It is nice being outside these days. It has been very cool in the mornings this week. Theo and I got out and mowed the lawn today. On the weekends, Levi likes to help Daddy with yardwork. Theo mows and Levi rakes and scoops leaves. They are quite the team! Levi is such the little helper. Whenever there is a job to be done, he is the first to volunteer. If Mommy drops something on the floor, he is right there to pick it up for me without my even asking. He has such a servant's heart at such a young age. (Now if the other two will just pick up this trait too....ha!)

I just had to include a picture of little Levi sleeping. I caught this picture one day when he was napping. I have so many sleeping baby pictures of Theo and Ruthie that I just had to have some of little Levi. Isn't he absolutely adorable? So peaceful. He just loves his "Shumah Panda"! We sent this panda to him before we arrived in China. He sleeps with it every night.

After we came in from mowing, Theo came running up to me screaming, "They hatched!" Two of our butterflies came out of their chrysalises this morning. We are anxiously awaiting this afternoon when their wings will be dry and they can fly. There are still 7 more that need to hatch. It should be an exciting next few days around here! The butterflies are in a large tent so that when they all hatch, the children can go sit inside the tent one at a time and have the butterflies fly all around them and land on them. It should be fun. I will just have to supervise so that we don't have butterfly escapees around the house. ha! At least it is butterflies and not reptiles. I can handle sweet little butterflies! :)

This is Theo's last week of school for kindergarten. The hatching butterflies were the grand finale--the triumphant ending to a wonderful year! We finished our first official year of homeschooling! Yippee! It was such a successful and fun year with my sweet Theo! I just so enjoy watching him skip around and get genuinely excited about learning new things. He particularly enjoys science experiments and nature walks! We are going to have a small kindergarten graduation ceremony next week with our homeschool group to recognize the accomplishments of our children and to celebrate the first year! I will post pictures of Theo in his cap and gown. I can't wait. He will be so cute!! We are so proud of him! Congrats Theo! Buddy, you have one year down...16 more to go! ha! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment