Monday, May 25, 2009

Theo's Kindergarten Graduation















Today we celebrated Theo's completion of Kindergarten! Our little homeschool group and our families came together in fellowship to celebrate the achievements of our little 6-year old boys. We had a short ceremony, ate lots of yummy Mexican food and graduation cupcakes and then went swimming. What a special and fun day we had! One of the dads, "Mr. Bill" was the Master of Ceremonies. He did a fantastic job and made the ceremony very memorable and truly special! We are blessed beyond measure with these friends that God has sent into our lives!

Here is the poem that Mr. Bill read as part of his "Commencement Speech". :) It truly sums up our feelings today as we continue upon this journey of raising, educating, and unconditionally loving our precious children--gifts from God!

When You Dream Tonight
Remember when I was just a thought, a dream so far away.
You hoped and prayed that a miracle would bring me to you one day.

After my birth, time you'd spend waiting, no longer mattered at all.
In your arms, my gaze fixed on you, full of love from my eyes so small.

When you dream tonight, dream of me, a newborn babe so sweet.
I was a gift from God, knit just for you, who made your dreams complete.

Time marches on and I've grown since then. Look at me here today.
Completing another, step in my life; I'm changing day by day.

Reading and writing, science and math are things that I learned this year.
You taught me so much, I'm different now; but change isn't something to fear.

When you dream tonight, dream of me, your little child growing up fast.
I'm a gift from God, knit just for you. Remember today won't last.

In the blink of an eye, I'll be a teenager; everything will seem to have changed.
Dreams of my own, will take hold of my heart, and my life will seem misarranged.

But I'll hold fast to your love, and your steady support, as I grapple with my own heart.
And I'll emerge from it all, ready for life, because you obediently played your part.

When you dream tonight, dream of me, your teenager who's leaving home.
Your prayers and support have prepared me well, to face this life on my own.

Soon after today, God may bring, one who will hold my heart dear.
One to whom, I will bind myself, and with whom I'll pass the years.

And should we be blessed with babies of our own, we'll honor you every day.
For your God-given love will flow through us, to our children in every way.

So when you dream tonight, dream of me, and know that my love is true.
And rest assured, when I dream tonight, that I'll be dreaming of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment